Kamy Chetty on the web:
Twitter Author Page
1. If you have a pen name, can you explain how you came up with it?
- Kamy Chetty is my own name- but I was looking at getting a pen name and it was an interesting experience. My daughter eventually said, what would you want to have been named if not Kamy? That answered the question. Having a pen name would be reinventing yourself. An opportunity to be someone else and re brand yourself as an author.
2. What are a few things we would find in or on your desk?
Coffee, pens, a large note pad, my ipod, ipad. I know it looks like an overkill to have the Ipad- but I need it to reference things when I am writing- I have my thesaurus and all sorts of resources on my kindle.
3. What motivates you to write?
Right now- it's my job. So it's not only my passion but it's a career, so it's the very thing that makes every one else go to work in the morning. It's the gut feeling that I want to succeed at this.
4. Share something about yourself no one else knows?
That's a hard one. I like being transparent. But I guess you all don't know that I am the President of Romance Writers of New Zealand. It's not something I advertise. I'm also planning our conference this year.
5 Tell us about your book....
Wow-Made to Die started off as a journey of a strong female character who was going to find love. Simple.
I started the book over a year ago and then I went through a rough time and my experience changed me. It affected the book and somehow the book took on a life of its own and became a suspense rather than a medical romance.
The story became about a girl who was made to save her sister, was never shown love, and her journey to discover her own path in the world.
During this journey she encounters death, kidnapping and there are a few twists in the plot but the most important thing is she finds her happy ending.
She gives us hope when at times we feel there is none.
Giveaway: A Kindle copy of MADE TO DIE for one commenter!